I love adding cinnamon to almost anything; apples, oatmeal, yogurt, banana bread, sweet potatoes, smoothies...you get the point! I was delighted when I found that it is so good for you, so I decided to share with you 10 benefits of cinnamon. I think you will be sprinkling away after reading this (and not feeling as guilty for feeding your kids cinnamon rolls!). This is a list from: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-cinnamon.html
1) Studies have shown that just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol.
2) Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.
3) In some studies, cinnamon has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections.
4) In a study published by researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, cinnamon reduced the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
5) It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
6) In a study at Copenhagen University, patients given half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast had significant relief in arthritis pain after one week and could walk without pain within one month.
7) When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
8) One study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
9) Researchers at Kansas State University found that cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
10) It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.