Black Bean Soup:
- warm up 2T canola oil in dutch oven
- add tons of veggies (carrots, celery, onion, peppers..anything you want)
- cover and cook until soft (med heat)
- when soft add 3 cans black beans (Ranch Style Black Beans are best, sometimes I use low Sodium black beans)
- 2 cans mild Ro-tel (dont do mild if you like really spicy)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (or more depending on how many veggies you use)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- small bundle or "fist full" of cilantro
cook for 1 hour or more (depending on time, I cook it for a couple of hours at least), (you can add groud flax seed or anything you want to sneak in), then blend it with my hand blender (or leave it chunky) - I like to blend because you can sneak ANYTHING in without complaining!
*add 1 can mexican style corn- after blending
*** I serve this with Corn bread (packaged- trade out milk for water and add 1 small can of corn or creamy corn makes it amazing, then bake) top soup with sour cream and cheese if you wish.