It is recipe Monday! This is another recipe from my Real Simple February issue, I am having so much fun with the slow cooker! This was really yummy, my husband was a big fan! I think day two was slightly better than the original! I have also discovered a delightful "healthy" chocolate chip cookie recipe so stay tuned for that this week! Happy Monday!
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (JM NOTE: I will add more than 1/4 cup next time- just make it a heaping 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry white or red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti (JM NOTE: I used Whole Wheat Angel Hair)
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the beef, tomatoes and their juices, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, tomato paste, wine, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot. Toss the spaghetti with the Bolognese and sprinkle it with the Parmesan.
Post a Comment