I had an entire post ready to go for the day after the election- I had a lot to get off my mind...as usual! However, I then thought...You know what I really want to discuss? Breakfast Cookies!! :) One of the things (well, maybe the only thing) I dislike about Pinterest is when you pin something you are excited to make- you don't have time to go check it out right away...but you pin it because you don't want to forget! You finally go back to it, ready to make it..you click the link and NOTHING- it does not link to any recipe or site or anything! Huge disappointment! That happened to me today! I wanted to make these yummy healthy Breakfast cookies I pinned last week and when I click on it..Nothing! So, I thought- I am smart enough to figure these out- I am going to make my own! They turned out to be DELIGHTFUL!!! The girls kept asking for more "dough"- heehee of course you can have more- you can even have some for breakfast tomorrow!!!
My mom made some with similar ingredients which included coconut- so she definitely gets inspirational credit for this. I just used little things from a lot of recipes and came up with these- here you go!!
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts (or whatever nuts you like, I like walnuts because they do not have a strong flavor, they are not too "crunchy" and they are very good for you (info here) ALA/Omega-3 fatty acids)
- 1/2 Cup Carob Chips (read about them here- basically a substitute for chocolate chips)
- small sprinkle of cinnamon (not too much!) HERE is some info on cinnamon- healthy!
- 1 Banana chopped up
- 1T of honey
- 1 T of ground flax seed (so healthy- see info HERE)
- 1.5 cups of NATURAL Peanut Butter (NO Added Sugar)
- 1t Vanilla
Put it all in a bowl, mush together with your hands, use a small ice cream scoop or spoon to make "balls" and refrigerate.
Optional Ingredient Ideas (Although, add anything you want!):
Coconut, Protein Powder, raisins, vegetable puree