WOW- what a day! I have gone back and forth on posting this today- seems appropriate to just be silent and pray. It also seems appropriate to share what is on my heart and possibly offer a bit of peace for those of you who need to hear it. So here it is- if this can encourage you in any way or remind you of our Heavenly Father who LOVES us and created us- then here it is!
I am not sure what to even say about the tragedies in Connecticut other than COME LORD JESUS! I am serious- my heart is just aching and crying out to him- to return, rule and reign on this earth! There will be freedom from all heartache, all pain, all evil, all disappointment, all failure- there is freedom with God through Jesus Christ. Here are a few points on my heart (you know I love BP (bullet points)!
- God is good. (period)
- The happenings of today break God's heart- he hates evil.
There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
- There is good that can come from something like this- (as horrific as it is): a) it makes us long for God- for his righteousness, His peace, His glory b) we need to wake up to the fact that we are kicking God out of everything- our schools, our government- pray over your children's school- even if they say not to- pray fervently! Kicking God out and making everything accepting to everyone never works out- just read the Bible or look in a history book. We welcome you Lord...we NEED you! c) it can make us squeeze our babies a little tighter- appreciate the time we have with them and cherish the moments. Maybe we shouldn't be as concerned with mismatched clothes and more concerned with spending time and loving our children.
- I already wrote my thoughts down on the fact that we are desensitizing our children to violence through movies/video games/TV, etc.. HERE -we really need to take a stand against violence with the things our children watch- reality and fiction are blurring more and more Let's STAND UP- Acts 18:9b “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent."
- THIS is a great article about discussing the events with kids
- I will NOT live in fear- I will not fear my child going to school, a theater, the mall, on an airplane, on a boat, in a car- I cling to HIS word alone and He tells me not to be afraid. Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Even if our earthly bodies suffer- we will live in complete restoration and peace in eternity.
- Finally, join me in praying for the families and the community- The prayer "break my heart for what breaks Yours" is easy on this one- our hearts are BROKEN for those people- The Lord alone can bring them peace. Pray, keep praying for them- I cannot imagine the pain, the heartache, the terror, the loss- I cannot imagine.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
- Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
- Romand 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Psalm 91:4-8 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
I just received this email from Max Lucado- AMEN!!!