8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have:
(according to Thought Catalog)
1. A go-to Drink: Coffee
2. A go-to Karaoke Song: "I love Rock 'n' Roll"- the Brittany Spears Version (my DC roommate and I owned this song- right Molly!)
3. A uniform: Baldwin Jeans and a solid shirt-usually black- boots in the winter, flips in the summer
4. A hair-stylist they love: I LOVE getting my hair done-but I am always searching!
5. An exercise routine: Their names are Ellie, Izzy and Milly and my house is more than enough gym (cleaning, laundry, running up and down stairs, lawn work, etc..)
6. A hobby: Lake-ing (all things lake!)
7. A best friend: I am so blessed with so many REALLY good friends...but Dave is my best!
8. A healthy sense of self: I am a daughter of The King.
10 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have (according to me!):
1. Something to do: A Purpose, What are you on this earth for?
For me, I believe that God has a plan and purpose for everyone. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". The awesome thing is, with God, life is an adventure. You never know where He will call you next- my prayer is that I never miss an opportunity to follow His plan because I am stuck on His last plan. Grow and Go! A job, raising your kids, ministry, missions, taking care of a parent....God has something for you to do!
2. A Reason to live: Why are you here?
I believe I am here to love God, love others, serve God and serve others. That mentality effects all aspects of my life- I am here because God has a plan for me...every day!
3. Someone to serve:
I serve the Most High God and through his Holy Spirit I delight in serving others. I always try to remember Ephesians 6:7 "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people" When you serve the Lord and not men you don't need to worry about receiving "thanks" or credit- you are Free!
4. Someone to love:
As I said earlier, Love God, Love others. It is because we are SO loved by God that we are able to love. God places so many people in our lives to love..some easy to love, some HARD to love! The point is, love in a way where you are not burdened with "self"- I believe we are not truly happy when all we think about is ourselves. The good news is, as a mom, we love like we never knew possible! Whether it is a husband, a child, a dog...have a "somebody" or pray for God to give you a "somebody" to love!
6. An accurate sense of self:
We are happy when we know who we are and we are not trying to be someone we are not. Not thinking less of ourselves than God created us to be and not trying to create a false image of who we think we are. Content is the person God made us to be, the blessings he has given us and plan He has for our future.
7. The ability to laugh, often times at yourself:
Seriously, life is too short to take yourself so seriously! Have fun! Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!
8. Healthy habits:
Food, sleep, quiet time, exercise, technology moderation, fellowship, cleanliness, a "system" (for organizing your life), filling your brain with positive information- it is a daily choice but a good one!
9. Integrity and Honesty:
Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking. This creates trust. It effects all areas-work, wife, mom, friend, customer...etc.. You are happiest living without the guilt of dishonesty!
10. A go-to peaceful place:
My peaceful place is the lake or really anywhere I am alone, haaha! I love laying by a pool reading a book or magazine, the spa is peaceful, getting a pedi is peaceful- but the lake...that is it for me!
>>What would you add?
Post a Comment