by Jenica McMaster of www.delightfulmomstuff.com
- Does it line up with the will of God according to the scriptures?
- Am I striving to please God or man?
- Am I saying “yes” out of fear that the person who asked would be angry?
- Will it bear fruit?
- Does it utilize my gifts and talents?
- Is the motivation love and service or guilt and fear? (DO NOT say “yes” out of a place of guilt- that would be a sign that #1 is not in line- guilt is not from God)
- What sacrifice will my family and I have to make in order to keep this commitment?
- Is this a commitment I am able to keep? (We need to make sure we practice and teach our children that when we make commitments, we keep them.)
I pray that this week will allow you to reevaluate and adjust how you spend your time. It is a battle to fight the “busy” and not to just fill the time- but to take each day and invest our time with the “expectation of a worthwhile result”!!!